Monday, January 25, 2016

Lat Blaster Exercise Suggestions from Cedric McMillan

http://ifttt.com/images/no_image_card.png

First blessing the bodybuilding world in 2009, Cedric McMillan has since gone on to become one of the most established names in the industry. With four professional wins under his belt – including the New York Pro in 2012 and the FIBO Power Germany in 2013 – he is definitely somebody bodybuilders all over the world will want to listen to.  here, he talks about five strategies for the optimal lat blaster exercise.

Lat pulldown

Acting as his warm up, Cedric changed the way he used to do his lat pulldown. Where he used to stretch his arms all the way to the top for a full stretch, he now makes sure he mostly works his lats during the whole duration. “When I do this exercise now, I don’t lean back as I did in the past. I sit straight up. I sometimes even do a few reps bringing the weight down behind my head,” he said.

Bent-over rows

He does this with a Smith machine and a barbell. Combining the positive stimulation and pump from both equipment, he says, “I make sure I keep the bar really close to my legs. I bend over between 70 and 90 degrees with a deeply arched back to make sure I can properly contract the back muscles. I let the bar go almost all the way down, almost to the point that my arms are fully extended, then I raise the bar without snatching or heaving the weight, just good focused reps.” He does this for four reps.

Neutral-grip pulldowns

His third lat blaster exercise, the neutral-grip pulldown allows a wide range of motions while working more than one muscle group. This is doable either through the V-bar handle or the two rings. Cedric prefers to use the rings where he does 12 reps.

Seated cable rows

The seated cable rows are great for working the lower lats, and Cedric likes mixing it up by using each type of grip and bar. He also alternates from side to side. ““I don’t differentiate between focused and explosive reps on this movement, all reps are smooth with a moderate pace. I complete three sets of around 12 reps to positive failure,” he said.

Deadlifts

Using a power rack, the deadlift is the last lat blaster exercise the accomplished bodybuilder does on back day. To reduce the amount of risks associated with the exercise, he uses slow reps and makes sure his back muscles are properly aligned and engaged throughout the entire exercise.

The post Lat Blaster Exercise Suggestions from Cedric McMillan appeared first on NUTRITIONCLUB.



No comments:

Post a Comment